Survey CADD Technician
Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO's Survey Department is seeking a CADD Technician who will be responsible for completing drafting tasks for various projects.
- Draft survey plats and easements.
- Process topographic surveys.
- Work professionally as a representative of JEO and our clients.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with the project team.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, profiles, cross sections, details, figures, graphs and charts.
- Determine earthwork cuts and fills volumes based on existing and proposed topography.
- Create existing and proposed surfaces and contours using points. Create road, storm and sanitary sewer profiles and sections using existing and proposed surfaces.
- Supports field assignments as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to use CADD software and Microsoft Office programs.
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or Job training.
- 3+ years of experience
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.