Transportation Senior Project Engineer
Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Transportation Department provides expertise and services including traffic engineering, transportation planning, roadway and bridge design, and environmental services. This position is supported by a department of professionals to support managing successful projects that exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals.
The Senior Transportation Engineer will:
- Lead engineering teams on scoping and design for multiple projects
- Successfully complete assigned projects according to budgets and schedules
- Develop Roadway Design plans and contract documents
- Perform Roadway Design tasks including:
- Culvert and storm sewer designs
- Horizontal and vertical alignments
- Typical section development
- Geometrics and grades
- Development of roadway cross sections and/or corridor model
- Ensure completeness and quality of the design related forms and reports
- Develop and review cost estimates and calculation of construction quantities
- Demonstrate advanced use of CADD and assure compliance with project CADD standards
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering or transportation planning, Professional Engineer (PE) license and 6+ years’ of Transportation engineering experience.
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.