Transportation Senior CAD Designer
Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Transportation Department provides expertise and services including traffic engineering, transportation planning, roadway and bridge design, and environmental. The Transportation Senior Designer is supported by a department of professionals to support managing successful projects that exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals.
The Transportation Senior CAD Designer will:
- Oversee varied and complex computer-aided drafting and design work
- Provide competency in computer assisted drafting to support development, planning, transportation or other technical services
- Develop standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project
- Generate roadway, structural and traffic design; survey; and construction drawings, etc
- Prepare various design options on the screen and on hard copy
- Perform varied design and quantity calculations
- Prepare layouts, drawings and design from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings
- Redesign, modify, or edit existing design
- May be responsible for design tasks of large projects under engineer in charge
- Develop and mentor team members
- 10+ years of experience
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design Technology or related field
- Expert skills in drafting with MicroStation/GEOPAK. Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.