Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
The role of the survey technician is to assist in surveying land to determine location and measurements of points, elevations, line areas and contours for construction,
The Survey Technician will:
- Perform field work on civil engineering, construction and general surveying projects, including topographic, ALTA, boundary, Right of Way and As-builts, Flood Elevation Certificates, Lot Surveys with supervision provided by a senior survey technician.
- Keep accurate notes, records and sketches to describe work performed.
- Place stakes at designated points and drive them into the ground.
- Operate and maintain equipment that would include a tablet computer, digital camera, survey grade GPS, robotic total stations along with other measuring tools and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work professionally in the field as a representative of JEO and our clients.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, daily, with the project team.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- Experience in land surveying is required
- Able to complete topographic survey with assistance from a senior survey technician
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Efficient and safe work habits
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that is approved by our insurance provider
- Able to work approximately 95% of the time the field.
- When working outside, ability to stand for long periods, walk over all types of terrain while caring equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
The pay range for this position is $22.00-28.00 per hour, depending on experience.
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.