Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO Consulting Group seeks a NEPA Specialist to assist with the preparation of NEPA documentation for a wide variety of environmental permitting and natural resources projects as they relate to water resources, transportation and other infrastructure projects in our Omaha, Nebraska and Kansas offices.
The NEPA Specialist will:
- Define the level of environmental analysis and compliance review required
- Prepare environmental permits, NEPA documentation, biological assessments and other environmental compliance documentation
- Conduct literature research and data collection for environmental investigation and documentation
- Perform field work associated with the collection of natural resource data
- Perform complex assignments and make independent decisions on problems and methods
- Work independently on medium sized projects or assist more senior scientists on larger projects
- Bachelor's degree in Wildlife Biology, Ecology, Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, planning or closely related field
- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience. Work experience should include preparing NEPA documentation and environmental permit applications.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations, including NEPA, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, among others
- Experience using ArcGIS to develop figures and perform basic analysis
- Experience performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments a plus, or
- Completion of a 40-hour basic wetland delineation training course, focused on application of the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual, or
- Experience performing cultural resource investigations with an advanced degree in archeology, anthropology, or similar discipline
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.