Water & Wastewater Project Manager
Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully design and managing projects as if they were your own? JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people and our clients. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
The Water/Wastewater Project Manager is supported by a department of professionals to take the lead on implementing projects primarily with municipalities for their water and wastewater needs. You will consult with municipal clients to produce positive results and understand how to leverage a variety of project funding sources. Project types include but are not limited to water main improvements, wells, water towers, water treatment facilities, wastewater lift stations, sewer mains, and wastewater treatment facilities.
This position is located in our Lawrence, Kansas office and provides the opportunity to develop and establish a new market area in a growing office environment.
The Project Manager is supported by a department of professionals to take the lead on managing successful projects that meet or exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals.
The Project Manager has:
- A strong background in the successful development, direction and completion of complex water and wastewater projects.
- Successful experience as a project manager including direct management of a project team and responsibility for meeting client expectations.
- Experience with preparing and managing budgets, bids, contracts, funding requests and communication plans.
- Develops project plans, specifications, and other contract documents as part of a project team
- Successful experience with managing a diverse portfolio of project types.
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain strong relationships.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Biological Systems Engineering • Professional Engineer (PE) license, 6+ experience working on Kansas water/wastewater projects, funding agencies, and regulatory agencies.
The following qualifications are preferred: Preferred: 10+ years of experience working on relevant projects.
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.