Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully design and managing projects as if they were your own? JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people and our clients. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
We are seeking a Commissioning Engineer who will play a crucial role in supporting technical, construction and engineering projects. This role will be responsible for inspecting equipment, facilities, and any other aspects of an engineering project to ensure that it has been designed and installed correctly. The Commissioning Engineer will monitor the project cycle and support the team on documenting progress observations, performing diagnostic tests, creating instructional manuals and resolutions, and ensuring healthy and productive business relationships with clients.
- Coordinate commissioning activities and visits acting as technical expert with engineers, contractors, clients, and other entities
- Review the technical documentation of systems and machinery to understand function and purpose
- Prepare commissioning reports that detail step by step startup processes for equipment
- Collaborate with the Site Facility management team, suppliers, key stakeholders and possess an in-depth understanding of the operating systems to determine and ensure performance, safety, and quality requirements are being met
- Visit different client sites to oversee the startup and testing of equipment
- Conduct equipment checks and system tests in the field to ensure correct operations and efficiency
- Review test results and prepare test reports to confirm compliance with technical specifications
- Work with engineering and operating groups to carry out tests and repairs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer or advanced wastewater operator’s license
- 5+ years of experience in wastewater treatment facility or similar facility commissioning, operations and maintenance, or other related mechanical equipment experience
- 10 years of experience in facility startups/commissioning of wastewater treatment or similar facilities.
- Any of the following certifications:
- Certified Commissioning Authority, by AABC Commissioning Group (ACG).
- Commissioning-Process Management Professional, by American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers.
- Certified Commissioning Professional, by Building Commissioning Association.
- Accredited Commissioning-Process Authority Professional, by University of Wisconsin.
- Accredited Commissioning-Process Manager, by University of Wisconsin.
- Accredited Green Commissioning-Process Provider, by University of Wisconsin.
- Other similar certification
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.