Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Transportation Department provides expertise and services including traffic engineering, transportation planning, roadway and bridge design, and construction management and inspection. The Transportation Engineer is supported by a department of professionals managing successful projects that exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals.
The Transportation Engineer will:
- Develop Roadway Design plans and contract documents
- Provide on-site inspection services for transportation improvement projects
- Perform Roadway Design tasks including:
- Culvert and storm sewer designs
- Horizontal and vertical alignments
- Typical section development
- Geometrics and grades
- Development of roadway cross sections and/or corridor model
- Ensure completeness of the design related forms and reports
- Develop and review cost estimates and calculation of construction quantities.
- Oversee layout and/or review plans.
- Demonstrate advanced use of CADD and assure compliance with project CADD standards
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering and Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
Preferred: 2+ years’ experience working in the engineering industry on City, County or Department of Transportation projects. Having experience using MicroStation and OpenRoads would be a plus.
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.