Professional Land Surveyor
JEO is not your typical engineering firm. We have a welcoming, fun, and laid-back culture that encourages communication and collaboration where our greatest strength is our team members. If you value great work-life integration and work best in a relaxed, supportive, and inclusive environment, we may be the place where you ARE the best version of yourself. We are a relationship-based company that prioritizes building people and providing opportunities.
With a rich history and a commitment to excellence, JEO has been serving clients since 1937. We are a leading multidisciplinary firm working hard to improve the communities in which we live, work and play. Join us at JEO and become part of our team that blends expertise, fun and passion for serving each other and our communities. Together, we can make a difference while building a rewarding career!
The role of the Professional Land Surveyor is to perform land survey to determine location and measurements of points, elevations, line areas and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles or other purposes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform field work on civil engineering, construction and general surveying projects, including topographic, ALTA boundary, Right of Way and As-builts, Flood Elevation Certificates, Lot Surveys
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed
- Place stakes at designated points and drive them into the ground
- Operate and maintain equipment that would include a tablet computer, digital camera, survey grade GPS, robotic total stations along with measuring tools.
- Professional Land Surveying License in the respective state for which the position will be located
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- 5+ Years of relevant experience is preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that is approved by our insurance provider
- Able to work approximately 95% of the time in the field.
- When working outside, ability to stand for long periods, walk over all types of terrain while carrying equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with offices throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas. JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.