Survey Crew Chief
JEO is not your typical engineering firm. We have a welcoming, fun, and laid-back culture that encourages communication and collaboration where our greatest strength is our team members. If you value great work-life integration and work best in a relaxed, supportive, and inclusive environment, we may be the place where you ARE the best version of yourself. We are a relationship-based company that prioritizes building people and providing opportunities.
With a rich history and a commitment to excellence, JEO has been serving clients since 1937. We are a leading multidisciplinary firm working hard to improve the communities in which we live, work and play. Join us at JEO and become part of our team that blends expertise, fun and passion for serving each other and our communities. Together, we can make a difference while building a rewarding career!
The Crew Chief is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the work of one or more survey teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee a survey crew to perform field work on civil engineering, construction and general surveying projects, including: topographic, ALTA, boundary, Right of Way and construction staking
- Must be able to operate various survey equipment (GPA, Robotic Total Station)
- Process field data and perform staking calculations
- Accurately perform vertical and horizontal control surveys with necessary calculations
- Maintain and operate all instruments and equipment needed to complete surveying tasks
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors on project sites
- Work outdoors in both developed and natural environments
- Work independently, be self-motivated, have good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well with clients
Required Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in field surveying
- Ability and willingness to perform work in both the field and office settings
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is approved by our insurance provider
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with offices throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas. JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.