Civil Engineer (Site/Land Development)
Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people and our clients. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
The Civil Engineer projects may include parking lots, access roads, local roads and streets, new subdivisions, grading around new buildings, etc. This individual should be familiar and have experience with state, county and municipal ordinances/policies/standards relating to grading, drainage, street improvements, subdivision and land regulations.
The Civil Engineer will:
- Design land development projects from concept/study phases through construction, including grading, utilities, drainage, storm water management, sediment and erosion control, permitting, and regulatory approval.
- Prepare project specifications, quantity take-offs, cost estimates and project schedules.
- Other duties may include client interaction, interdisciplinary communication, proposal preparation, fee estimating.
Qualified candidates are preferred to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3-8 years of experience in site and/or land development
- Knowledge about municipal zoning and land use ordinances
Preferred: Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.