Traffic Engineer Project Manager
JEO is not your typical engineering firm. We have a welcoming, fun, and laid-back culture that encourages communication and collaboration where our greatest strength is our team members. If you value great work-life integration and work best in a relaxed, supportive, and inclusive environment, we may be the place where you ARE the best version of yourself. We are a relationship-based company that prioritizes building people and providing opportunities.
With a rich history and a commitment to excellence, JEO has been serving clients since 1937. We are a leading multidisciplinary firm working hard to improve the communities in which we live, work and play. Join us at JEO and become part of our team that blends expertise, fun and passion for serving each other and our communities. Together, we can make a difference while building a rewarding career!
JEO’s Transportation Department provides expertise and services including traffic engineering, transportation planning, roadway and bridge design, and environmental. The Traffic Engineer is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company and traffic team. This position is supported by a department of professionals to manage successful projects and tasks that exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals. This individual will have the ability to support client management and business development endeavors as well as build our traffic engineering group in Iowa.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Successful experience as a project manager including direct management of a project team and responsibility for meeting client expectations.
- Successful experience as a project manager managing multiple clients and projects at once
- Experience preparing project proposals, scopes of services and cost estimates for a diverse portfolio of project types.
- Experience managing budgets, schedules, bids, contracts, funding requests and communication plans.
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Develop technical traffic analysis for highways, streets, and multi-modal facilities utilizing multiple software programs and analysis procedures, as necessary
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication
- Maintenance of Traffic – development or alternatives and design/construction plans to maintain traffic during construction of transportation improvements
- Prepare design and construction documents for permanent signing, pavement marking, traffic signals and communications and ITS infrastructure based on MUTCD guidance and other national/agency standards
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 5+ years’ experience working in the engineering industry on transportation projects including traffic operations, transportation planning and transportation design elements
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with ITS and traffic design
- PTOE certification
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with offices throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas. JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.