Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Electrical Department provides expertise and services in low, medium, and high voltage projects. Project types range from Arc Flash, Utility and Industrial Facilities Power Systems, Sports Field and Street/Roadway Lighting, to Distribution, Generation, Sub-Transmission, and Substation design. We also help clients with Preliminary Engineering Reports and Long-Range/Capital Improvement Plans.
The Electrical Engineer will support and serve industrial and municipal clients as well as internal JEO department needs. Responsibilities include:
- Develop electrical design plans and contract documents
- Provide on-site inspection services
- Ensure completeness of the design related forms and reports
- Develop and review cost estimates and calculation of construction quantities
- Oversee layout and/or review plans
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, experience with medium voltage projects, and Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- 8+ years’ experience working in the electrical engineering industry
- Electrical distribution system modeling software experience
- PLS CAD experience
- Desire to engage in client development and marketing activities
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with thirteen offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa, and 3 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.